Sunday, February 9, 2014

January progress and February plans

Well let's have a wee recap shall we, my January plans were:
  • Knit a square for the knitted blanket - I actually knitted two, finishing with a cabled square which I thoroughly enjoyed knitting, which makes me half way through the blanket.  Just need to finish off some embellishments, block the squares then sew them together and we have the first half of the blanket done.
  • Give away or knit an item from my stash - I gave odd balls and freebies from magazines to the charity shop knowing that I was never really going to use them.  I haven't knitted anything from my stash this month but I did get rid of a bag full of oddments so it's a start.
  • Paint a watercolour for January - done and blogged about
  • Sew some napkins - again I've blogged already about this, I bought some cheapies from Tesco and was going to sew some embellishments (haven't got around to that yet)
  • Read Stephen Kings' 11.22.63; Listen to Kate Atkinson Life After Life - I haven't started11.22.63 yet but I did listen to Life After Life and have blogged my review. I also read our book groups read and blogged about that too so I'm still on my reading track.
  • Write book reviews for the above - Kind of done, just need to read Stephen King and review then we're all set.
  • Do 4 Yoga sessions, 4 swimming sessions and get out walking (1 walk and 1 swim done) - Well now...
...this involves a whole explanation. You see I couldn't say, but now I can, and that at time of writing this I am 17 weeks pregnant with our first child. We are super excited and already life style changes are taking place! I was going. Swimming every Friday but the past month have been struggling with pelvic girdle pain and Dr Google advised against any activities which opened up my hips more than necessary, this means things like swimming and Yoga. Never minding some days I can barely walk the length of myself. But a few changes has meant things are better but i do need a regular exercise regime and cleaner diet.  

So based on this exciting news, February plans are:
Knit a baby hat. Possibly this could be my learn to knit in the round opportunity!?
Knit item from my stash, keen to knit some hearts (pattern in a mag somewhere) using the undyed yarn I have. These could decorate baby's room :)
Listen to Gone Girl for the book group 
Read Dolly, it's a short book like 'The Small Hand' so won't take too long
Write reviews for above
and Tuesday Yoga, Thursday Davina DVD 

I realise I'm writing this a week in and I haven't done any of the above, apart from start on Dolly, and can see some of these carrying over into March!

Oh and I know I still have some bits and pieces to finish from January (the blanket, the napkins yet another book) but I think I'll leave them to later months.

Until then...:)

2 comments: